The IEEE CAS Charles Desoer Life Science Systems Student Attendance Grant (Grant) is established to recognize students who have exhibited interest in life science systems to allow attendance at a CAS sponsored conference focusing on life science systems. The Attendance Grant is in honor of Professor Charles A. Desoer, a victim of stroke, who is known for his education of circuit and system theorists and in aid of fostering research on stroke.
Details, Eligibility, and Instructions:
- Two $1300 grants will be awarded to university registered students to cover expenses associated with attendance at BioCAS 2017 (These expenses may include, but are not limited to - registration, transportation, hotel and meals.)
- Student winner will be chosen on a competitive basis
- Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2017.
- Notification of award by September 10, 2017.
- In the paper submission system, there will be a check box where student authors can indicate whether they want to be considered for this award
- In the case that the recipient lives in the location of the conference, the TPC will consider reducing the amount of this award and giving additional awards
- Presentation of the award will be made at the BioCAS 2017 Awards Ceremony
- To apply for this award, please click here to fill out the application form. Send the completed form to Casey Henshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org), along with an updated CV.